Update from Administrator – April 12, 2021
April 12th 2021
Our facility is still open! There have been no new residents with COVID diagnosis since January 3rd! Please review the new guidance which allows for LOA with family when the facility is COVID free. The facility is required to go over “best practices” when taking out loved ones and we ask that you stay vigilant in keeping the facility safe by practice all the recommended infection control practices. We ask that you communicate with the facility any time a resident may have been compromised so that we can monitor in the facility.
To clarify a few of the below points, a “fully vaccinated” individual is defined as your loved one two weeks post receiving BOTH of their vaccination doses.
- To set up an appointment for visitation, go to www.signupgenius.com and search under “Creator’s Email” for email@example.com to sign up. Alternatively, people may call the recreation department (203-881-2555 ext. 107) to set up an appointment.
- Residents may have up to 2 visitors at a time, and two visits per week per resident.
- Visiting can be up to 30 minutes long per session.
- Please, do not bring food or beverages to the visit, as masks must be worn at all times by visitors and residents.
- Come to the building with a mask on that covers your nose and mouth.
- When you arrive, please sanitize hands, fill out COVID exposure questionnaire and sign the one-time document acknowledging that you will follow the visiting guidelines.
- Go directly to the recreation entry located to the left of the main entrance.
- Staff will take your temperature.
- Please maintain social distancing during the visit. If your loved one is fully vaccinated (two weeks post receiving BOTH of their vaccination doses), you may have close contact with your loved one. Please continue to practice social distancing with our staff and any others you may encounter. This is for indoor and outdoor visitation.
- A staff member will be on hand to answer questions, assist during the visit, and sanitize in between visits.
- Small group activities have resumed.
- When there is a COVID-19 positive resident on a unit, floor or care area, group activities will be paused for residents on the unit, floor, or care area until the unit, floor or care area has gone 14 days without a new COVID-19 positive resident.
- A reminder to everyone that we do have various tablet devices for your loved one to utilize to access games, various communication tools, news, and more.
- Small groups of residents who are fully vaccinated may dine together at a table without social distancing. Tables will be 6 feet apart from one another and dining companions should be consistent across meals and days.