Update from Administrator – April 21, 2021
April 21st, 2021
We hope this email finds you healthy and as optimistic as we are about the continuing decline in COVID cases in our surrounding community. Considering these encouraging numbers, we will begin to take a slightly different approach with these weekly email updates to you, focusing more on recreation activities taking place in our center, special events, and significant changes taking place.
I would like to inform you that I will no longer be doing weekly Zoom meetings. With the facility now open to family visits, feel free to come in and talk to me in person any time. I am always available by phone or email. With the added time in my schedule I will be ensuring your activities continue to increase within facility.
• Although not mandatory, we continue to encourage any employee who has not been vaccinated to obtain one. Currently, they may obtain one at a community clinic. We are also working with our state to do “catch-up” clinics to assist our team and new residents in obtaining the vaccine right here in our center.
• Regional hospitals are working on plans to offer the first dose of a COVID vaccine to their patients being discharged to nursing homes.
- No significant changes to our center or our visitation plans, which are based on our state’s guidance from the CDC and CMS recommendations.
- We always offer visitations using our technology (iPads, tablets, calls, etc.) and when we can, window visits and outside visits. If you do not have an appointment scheduled, please contact the Recreation Department at (203) 881-2555 to schedule an appointment for an outdoor visit, window visit or virtual visit.
- Outdoor visitation is not affected by an internal outbreak on a unit, while we await the results of the initial round of testing.
- Outdoor visitation is still the recommended form of visitation from CMS and the CDC.
- When an outbreak is detected among residents or staff, all visitations must be suspended in the building ( outdoor still continue) except for compassionate care visits, until at least one round of facility-wide testing is completed.
- We are delighted to once again safely begin holding small, socially distanced group activities.
- Outdoor activities are always encouraged and preferred by the CDC and CMS, however indoor events are once again taking place following the outbreak guidance.
- These events will safely welcome back in our volunteers and vendors including entertainment, clergy, artists, and instructors.
- Jessica the hairdresser is currently available to give haircuts/perms on both Tuesday and Wednesday Every week.
- Please see the new rate sheet included.
- On Thursday, April 22nd we will be celebrating Earth Day. Both residents and staff will work together to plant flowers and help make the facility beautiful just in time for Spring
We are once again welcoming our Residents back into a communal dining atmosphere following all guidance set forth by the CDC and CMS. This means our Dining Rooms are again open for meals, allowing for additional opportunities for socialization among our residents.
Thank you and please stay safe and healthy!